Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Luxurious Two Night Stay At The Local Hospital

I know some of you may have heard that Kelsey got sick this past weekend and we spent it in the hospital. She had croup really bad and was having a hard time breathing. It was very scary at the time, but Shane and I are relieved that she got the medical attention that she needed. They had to transport her from the hospital we took her to. Apparently they didn't have a Pediatric unit in their hospital so we got to pay for the ambulance to come and take her. Needless to say we won't be taking her to that hospital anymore. After all is said and done, I am sure when we get all the bills it will be like we stayed at the four seasons hotel and all of us got massages. But no matter the price of healthcare I know we would of done exactly the same thing. I am so grateful for modern medicine and the people who are in the medical field. They do a job that not a lot of people are capable of doing (like me).

I think Kelsey is feeling a little better now. She sounds like a kid with croup instead of a high pitched seal gasping for air.  While Kelsey was in the hospital Sophie (her twin) missed her terribly. When Sophie was getting ready to come and see us at the hospital she was crying. Shane asked her what was wrong. Sophie replied,"My heart...(sob)...My heart misses Kelsey." Isn't that so sweet?!


You always know when your kids are feeling better when they are up to all their old tricks again. Kelsey surprised us with this new one. Down below is a picture of a tiny tennis racket that came with a toy. Next to the little racket I put a dime so it is easier to picture just how big it is. 
We knew Kelsey was on the mend when she did this today.  Here is a picture of her purple plastic horse's bum... I have yet to catch it on video playing tennis.
I had to put a picture with them all together with the purple horse. Since Kelsey has come home Sophie and I have gotten sick. Knock on wood that we don't go to the hospital with Sophie. 

4 comments:

Diane Bohn said...

SCARY!!! We are so glad she is ok!! She is so cute! and that's awesome what Sophie said! I'll never understand how that bond between twins works, but I love it! Cute kids! They are getting so big. We really miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know she was so sick. Yikes! I'm glad she is ok. There is nothing scary than a compromised airway. Ok, and the tennis racket in the bum is hilarious! She must be feeling better.

ashley said...

HAHAHAHAHA........oh my gosh Stace, there are tears in my eyes. And not because of the hospital stay.......but because of that tennis racket in the bum. I wasn't sure where you were going with it - until I saw the racket in the bum. I just died laughing. Thanks!!

Poor little Kelsey.
And what a sweet little Sophie......her heart hurts. Awwww.....just makes me want to squeeze her! Cute thing!

Hope you're ALL feeling better soon.

Melanie said...

Stacey, this is Wendi's Mom, Melanie. Hope you don't mind that I look at your blog sometimes, your kids are so-o-o-o cute! Anyway,when David (Wendi's 2nd brother) was a year and a half he started sounding like a little seal barking one day and by that night I was up at 1 a.m. making him a humidifier tent out of blankets and chairs. I slept with him in it all night and took him to the dr. the next day, wherein we were promptly sent to the hospital for five days where they put the sick little guy in a real oxygen tent with COLD air blowing over ice into it and him just in his diaper. We took him home on the fifth day but had to take him back to the hospital every four hours for several more days for breathing treatments. It was one scarey (and expensive) time (we didn't have insurance). Thank goodness for medicine - we would never have just left him home with home treatment! You'd do it again and again just for them. Make sure she knows the story in her teenage years so she will remember you really do love her! Ha ha.