Sunday, February 22, 2009

Edamame or Soybeans... it's the same.. and they're good!


Some of you may have heard me taking about edamame recently. Kelsey likes to call them "good green beans" and I like to call them "sent from above". Just on a whim I got some soybeans and just steamed them in the microwave one evening to go along with dinner. Five minutes later they were all gone and the kids were asking for more. I could not believe it. I seriously feel like I have hit the jackpot in finding another heathy veggie/protein  for my kids. They prefer soybeans to carmel apples, candy, cake, and chips. At first I thought it was just too good to be true, but in just two short weeks we ate an entire box of edamame ( a.k.a soybeans). I prefer to buy this box at costco. It contains twelve containers and each container gets zapped in the microwave for three minutes. So I encourage everyone to try them. You may not like them as much as we do, but you'll never know if you don't try them. After I pull them out of the microwave I salt the pods. Make sure you only eat the little bean inside the pod. Believe me, the pod is not good. 

I took two pictures so you could see the depth and width of each individual container. If I poured all the soybeans out of  one container there would be little more then a whole can of reg. green beans. The entire box is around $8.00 which is cheaper then buying green beans at the store.
Here is a couple of pictures of the kids as we got ready for church this morning. I got the girls dresses at the children's place. They also have really cute boy clothing right now too.
Kelsey
Sophie

Porter (he didn't wear his new duds today)

Kelsey and Sophie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll definitely have to try the edamame. That is so awesome and the girls' dresses are adorable!