Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter Weekend


   Easter Weekend we had Grandma and Grandpa Stowell at our house for a visit. One of the days they were here we went to the Fort Worth Zoo. It was such a fun day! Grandma Stowell rented a wheelchair so her ankle wouldn't throb and the kids all piled on top of her. It was a hoot to watch Dan push Linda with all the kids on her lap while trying not to ram into people. 
  At this point in our lives the kids have decided that taking pictures isn't what it is cracked up to be. It is like pulling teeth sometimes to get them to smile. I know that is who they are at the moment, but the real feelings of joy comes from knowing  down the road I can pull these pictures out for a really embarrassing moment. I am kidding... I wouldn't do that to my kids... maybe... we will see... no... yes... you have to admit it would be funny... ?!?

Here is Dan and Linda with the kids. Sophie is covering her face, but we got an elephant in the picture.

A picture of Shane and I looking for "buried treasure" at the zoo. I am glad to say we didn't find any.
Everyone including the wheelchair. I like how Porter is smiling and his eyes are closed.
We got to feed the cutest birds. I think they were a kind of parrot. The sticks that Porter and Kelsey are holding are covered with seeds and is what they held out for the birds to eat off of. Sophie is pretending to be asleep. 
Kelsey is looking at the sun and Sophie and Porter are not amused.
Porter and the Flamingos.
This is Sophie's favorite pose. I don't know how she came up with this smile, but when it is just her and I want to take a picture this is what she does.
I thought this picture of Kelsey was funny.  She just fed the fish and I think that was more exciting then the zoo. Who knew? 
We had a great weekend. Everyone was sad to see Dan and Linda leave. We are so grateful for them and for all that they do for us. I love my kids and husband. Sharing these pictures of them (no matter how goofy and unperfect) makes me just proud to be apart of something so special. I wouldn't trade it for anything!!!

2 comments:

Diane Bohn said...

Those pictures are so cute and fun! What a great family you are! That's fun to have the 'grandies' come visit! :) I love Porters face in the first picture! He's such a goof. The twins are funny too. We sure miss you guys! And I'm glad you didn't find anything in the sand either. Yikes! That would could be yucky. ;) You're too funny!

Anonymous said...

Well, at least it can be said that the kids have personality. I think the less-than-perfect pictures of both our kids are sweet and memorable. I think we'll look back at them and love them because they show their personalities. Sometimes you just want a good smiling picture though. Oh well. *sigh*