Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dallas Arboretum

Today our family went to the Dallas Arboretum. We were really excited to go and when we got there, we were not disappointed. It was so breathtaking and peaceful. We spent three hours looking at all the different flowers and  trees. Unfortunately three hours wasn't enough for us to cover more then 1/3 of the grounds. We are definitely  going back to see the rest!! While I was taking a picture of Sophie a squirrel ran out of the bushes. Sophie kind of screamed and then the squirrel ran back from where it came from. When I wanted her to stand against the flowers again she wouldn't. She kept saying, " I don't want squirrel bite my butt."  





There was a nice lady who offered to take a picture. We haven't had a picture taken all together for sometime.
We rented a wagon and I got a cute picture of the twins in it.
Porter next to the famous pink bush where the squirrel lives.
Sophie being silly.
Kelsey and the white tulips.
Sophie in front of a flower cake. I thought it would look cool if I took the picture up close.
My favorite picture of the three of the kids together. Shane and I had to work hard to get them to stay still long enough to shoot the picture.
We had a great day. The temperature was 80 degrees, we had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich picnic on the grounds, and we were sourrounded by beautiful flowers. What more can you ask for?

4 comments:

Diane Bohn said...

Cute Pictures!! The family shot looks great! You are a cute family! I'm jealous of the soft green grass and the warm weather! Glad you had fun! :)

Rob-O said...

oh I long for 80 degree weather! Seattle doesn't seem to get very hot at all. i love all the pictures. Stacey and Shane, you look great and the kids are too cute!

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! The kids look so cute and how fun that you all were wearing green. I'm such a lame mom I forgot it was St. Patrick's day until lunch time so I made green pancakes. Not too appetizing let me tell you. Love the post about lunch too. Isn't it so hard to think of something to feed them every day? And then you get lunch cleaned up and it's time to figure out what to make for dinner. *sigh*

ashley said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so jealous. I LOVE tulips. What a perfect day. Is Sophie still scared of squirrels?!?! :o)